Saturday, February 21, 2009

Adopting and adapting

I read Marc's article with interest as he mentions that one to one computing schools are the way to go and next year I will be at a one to one school. This has made me feel that my students and I had better be using our computers in a meaningful way to extend learning and I'm still working on figuring out what that is going to look like. I guess I will need to consult my students and use them as my teachers since they are the digital natives and I'm the nomad in the technology arena. I realize I'm still at that stage, like when you are learning a language and you still translate everything back into English (in my case) to understand and I'm aiming towards understanding in the language of study. To be a little more clear, what I'm saying is now I learn about a technology tool and think how can I use that in class versus seeing technology tools as an integral part of learning and not something that is just added in. Does that make any sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment